Real-Time eXchange, or better known as RTX , is one of the best tools Tencent has for the business/corporate market, though largely unknown, especially in the West. RTX is a IM chat program that is based on the company level. At Tencent's officices everybody uses RTX to communicate with their colleagues. It works just like QQ or MSN or AOL, but with some cool features that make it very suitable for large organizations where lots of people use computers.
RTX organizes all your colleagues in the company according to the company structure. For example if there is a team working on a particular product, a group will be automatically created for them.
- You can also form your own groups, for example when you are working on a joint project.
- Screenshot feature of RTX is extremely convenient, as it allows you to quickly copy part of your screen to your colleagues. For example to help debugging or just to share some interesting news.
- Directly lookup seat-number, phone-number and other personal information
Directly call colleagues just by pressing a button in RTX or send SMS messages!
Get popup notices about important announcements.
Screenshot of Chinese RTX
- Instant Communication: quickly and easily send and receive instant messages. You can change the text fonts in different colors for a personalized display.
- Status display: Show contact information: online, busy, offline etc
- Organizational structure: directory tree of the multi-level organizational structure of enterprises provides clear understanding of the organization. It is updated when the structure of the organization changes.
- Contact Group: contacts can be grouped. For example the most frequent contacts or contacts from in the same division.
- Contacts: Contact information outside the company management, can be a division, send text messages, make a call.
- Quick Search field: quickly look up someone by name or other criteria
- Notify: to provide broadcasting news and information system to inform users of important information.
- Historical information:Chatlog etc.
Although the main website from RTX is in Chinese and the newest version is also in Chinese, they actually have an English version of RTX. I use this version at a daily basis and it works great! I know Tencent has sold RTX to several other companies, but I think they should also sell this product outside China. It's simply a great product which works good in English and can easily be deployed.
Last Updated ( Sunday, 27 April 2008 )